Thursday, September 18, 2014

Macaron Boxes



I couldn't resist making macarons so that I could see how they looked in my new boxes. I like it!

I'm so excited to share with you these boxes I found online just for packaging macarons.

When I first started making macarons a few years ago, I couldn't find any boxes specifically made for them so I came up with my cupcake-liner and cellophane bag solution which works well and is cute but I always held out hope I would also find some great boxes. A box does look more professional.

Before the boxes, this is how I packaged macarons using cupcake-liners and cellopane bags.
I found the boxes at Paper Mart, the same online company I order my cellophane bags from. They have an assortment of colors, styles and sizes to choose from and they come in parts that arrive flat and need to be folded and assembled.
The parts for one box. They arrive flat and need to be folded and assembled.

I went with the double macaron box that comfortably holds a dozen 2-inch cookies and comes in three parts — base, divider and full-window slider. Without shipping, the parts for a single completed box cost .99 which I didn't think was too bad.

Of course once my shipment arrived I had to whip up some lemon and watermelon macarons because I couldn't resist filling a box and adding a homemade tag to see how it looked. I'm very pleased.
The divider in the base helps keep the macarons stable.

I chose a slider with a full window but you can also get sliders with half a window and no window.

The homemade tag and twine adds that final touch.

These boxes will be perfect for future bake sale fundraisers for The Wednesday Community Meal. I can't wait!








2 comments:

  1. What size is your cellophane bag? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bags are 4 3/8 x 5 3/4 and I buy them online from Paper Mart.
      This size is also great for packaging sugar cookies.

      Delete