Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Golden Peach Muffins

Ten-year-old Gabriella demonstrating how to make Golden Peach Muffins at this year's Kittias County Fair in Ellensburg, Washington.

I just returned from a weekend trip to the Kittitas County Fair in Ellensburg, Washington, my hometown.

Every Labor Day Weekend, I  always look forward to staying at my parent's house and attending the fair with my husband and daughters who have grown to love it as much as I do.

The county fair may be small but it's lots of fun and being there brings back so many fond memories and some of my best memories are of being in 4-H with my sister. We got to work at the 4-H food booth selling hotdogs, we entered baked goods and sewing projects and gave food demonstrations. One year I demonstrated how to make no-bake cookies and my sister demonstrated how to properly set a table.

This year my husband and I caught a demonstration by a 10-year-old named Gabriella who made Golden Peach Muffins. After they had baked, she handed out samples and they were really good — moist, peachy and not too sweet. The muffins were made with canned peaches and were quick to make which got me thinking that they would be ideal for busy mornings like today, the first day of school here in Portland, Oregon.

Here is Gabriella's recipe:

Golden Peach Muffins
(makes 1 dozen)
 1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 can (15 1/4 oz)  sliced peaches, drained and finely chopped

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs with the oil and the vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in peaches.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.






1 comment:

  1. You did a good effort,
    I do written a blog on Food Industries Starving To Achieve Healthy Environment on Food Packaging.
    Read It here:
    https://www.wattpad.com/820050130-food-industries-starving-to-achieve-healthy

    ReplyDelete