Saturday, July 13, 2013

Building A Soffit

The frame that's ready for drywall.

My friend Bill came over yesterday and helped me finish installing the ducting for the hood over my range. The stove is in a new location but we reused the same exit so we needed to go out a few feet along the ceiling.

We also installed the hood. I saved money by reusing my old hood. After a deep cleaning it sure doesn't look like it's 11-years-old.

Bill also helped me build a frame around the ducting so that my ace drywall finisher, Anthony, can come in today and work his magic and create a seamless soffit. Once painted, I think it will be a pleasing architectural element.

Drywall finishing is a real skill and something worth paying an expert to do. Anthony is so good with the drywall mud that I keep telling him I'm convinced he's got the skills to be a world class cake decorator. He just laughs, but I'm not kidding.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your kitchen project is coming together beautifully. It's impressive how you're repurposing and updating elements like the hood. Bill sounds like a great help in navigating the ducting intricacies. Excited to see how Anthony works his magic with the drywall – a seamless soffit can indeed add a unique touch. By the way, if you ever need assistance with home projects or maintenance, consider checking out services like My Home Handyman. Sometimes having a reliable handyman can make a world of difference in ensuring everything stays in top-notch condition. Wishing you continued success with your culinary adventures and home improvements.

    ReplyDelete