Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wedding Week

I'm making a wedding cake for a reception this coming Saturday so this week has been busy busy busy.

Making a wedding cake means more than just baking a cake and adding frosting. Presentation matters a lot and it takes time and careful consideration.

Without giving away too much about the design (I want Nathan to be surprised), here are a few snapshots of what I've been up to so far this week.
Monday: Making the cake decorations. Here, I'm getting ready to cut blue birds out of tinted sugar cookie dough.


Tuesday: Shopping for cake ingredients. This was what my cart looked like even before I hit the butter department.

Tuesday Night: Adding muslin fabric and ribbon to 16-inch wooden rounds that will act as cake bases. I'm making a four-tiered wedding cake and three additional two layer 14-inch cakes so I had to make four cake bases.

Wednesday: Making the fresh strawberry filling for the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment