Thursday, April 11, 2013

Raspberry Filling


I'm making a birthday cake for a chocolate raspberry fan this weekend.

My plan is to make a few layers of the "Greatest and Easiest Chocolate Cake" and fill them with this homemade raspberry filling.

I much prefer making my own cake fillings as opposed to buying them or using jam because then I can control the sweetness and they taste fresh and so much better.

After I fill the cake, I'm going to coat it with Swiss meringue chocolate buttercream and I'll definitely share the results.


Raspberry Filling
1 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch

Heat the frozen raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Keep a watch over them and periodically give them a stir.

In a small bowl whisk together the cream and cornstarch. When the raspberry mixture is simmering, add the cream mixture and whisk constantly over medium heat for two to three minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool completely before using.



No comments:

Post a Comment