Saturday, April 6, 2013

Completed Wedding Cake


After much dreaming, planning and baking I finally got to see the results of the wedding cake I made for my friend Nathan.

Luckily with support and encouragement from my friends and family everything turned out great and I got lots of compliments on the taste and moistness of the cake. I used the same yellow buttermilk cake recipe that I used to make my Mango Coconut Cake.

All of the decorations for the tiered cake were made of sugar cookies decorated with royal icing. My friend Anne bought beautiful yellow and green tinged roses to decorate the three additional cakes I made to help feed the large number of guests.
The doors of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in sugar cookie.

A cake topped with roses is simple and elegant. I love the modern look of the green tinged roses.


Cakes in the car.
In addition to cake, there was punch, colorful mints, coffee and tea. Volunteers from the Wednesday Community Meal graciously served the treats and helped clean up. I have to give a special shout out to Cheryl and Cindy who cut the cake. I didn't have the nerves for it and they did a fabulous job.
I could smile and breathe after the tiered cake was successfully stacked and decorated.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Heidi, and I'm sure it was delicious. I think you need a vacation after this week!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea. It was so good seeing you during Spring Break. I miss you.
    Sincerely,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete