Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dirty Work And Interesting Finds

Not the most attractive outfit.
Yesterday my super nice and helpful friend Bill helped me tear most of the kitchen down to the studs. It was a dirty, dusty and sweaty day but also exciting because once everything is out I can start rebuilding my new kitchen. It was also exciting because we found some interesting things in the walls.
The kitchen at the end of the day. I still need to take out the floors.

After taking the plaster off the wall on the east side of the kitchen, Bill noticed what appeared to be water dripping down. We were concerned that there might be a leak from the roof so I took off my glove to touch what I thought was water but it was sticky. We couldn't figure out what it was until we noticed what looked like honeycomb on the beam. It was so strange and the honeycomb was still dripping honey after we pulled it down.
Honeycomb in the house.

Here are some of the other artifacts we found.

Columbia Record Roundup Pamphlet:

I know my dad will be interested in seeing this find.




Vintage Meier and Frank Bag with Receipt:


The receipt is for a whopping 80-cents but I can't find a year on it. The date is Dec. 23.
Two Old Newspapers from September 1945.



Both papers had a Stubby Bilgebottom comic strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment