Saturday, January 12, 2013

Eiffel Tower Cookie


You'd think piping the Eiffel Tower in royal icing would be tough to do but it's actually pretty easy.

It's just a combination of lines and "X's" and it doesn't have to be perfect to be recognizable. My version has got a slant to it but I think it's charming.

Before attempting my Eiffel Tower cookie, I made a quick simplified sketch of the tower from looking at a photo online. And then, I just went for it and iced it free-hand onto the cookie.

I surprised myself with the results and I think you'd surprise yourself too. I hope you give this a try.

Just be sure to use piping consistency royal icing and a #1 pastry tip. You want your lines of royal icing to be clean and not run together after piping.

I made the cookie for my daughter Eleanor to give to her friend Elise in celebration of her birthday.

My quick Eiffel Tower sketch.


Eleanor customized the cookie for her friend by piping a little cat face in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment