Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bar Cookie Tip


I admit it. I used to be terrible at cutting bar cookies into uniform squares until I discovered this tip that changed everything.

What made cutting bar cookies so difficult for me was having the sides of the pan in the way of my knife. It's so hard to get clean cuts when your knife is at an awkward angle. And, lifting the cookies out of the pan was an equally messy task.

So here's my tip:

Line your pan with a strip of parchment paper that covers the bottom and extends over the sides so that you can easily lift the baked cookies out of your pan. You won't believe the difference when you are able to cut on a flat and stable surface. It changes everything.

Line your greased pan with a strip of parchment paper.

Fill your pan with your batter.

After letting the baked cookies cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, simply lift the whole thing out for easy cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment