Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Cookie Time


In a few weeks, my friends and I will be in the midst of baking thousands of Christmas cookies as a fundraiser for Food Ministries at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral which supports the Wednesday Community Meal.

My close friend Cheryl and I have been planning the sale for months. This will be the third year we've done it and knock on wood but we're getting more organized and efficient every year.

This year's cookies will include Cranberry Rugelach, Russian Teacakes, Linzer Cookies, Chocolate and Vanilla Shortbread, Decorated Sugar Cookies and Gingerbread Snowflakes.

The assortment of homemade cookies will be artfully packed into pretty boxes and are just the thing to give or share at holiday parties. The boxes cost $25 and will be presold on Sunday, Dec. 2 and Sunday, Dec. 9 in Kempton Hall at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral following the 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. services.

The boxes will be available for pickup on Sunday, Dec. 16 in Kempton Hall from 9 a.m. until noon.

So let the baking begin! I'll do my best to post our creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment