Monday, November 12, 2012

Dinosaur Sugar Cookies

My daughter Eleanor suggested I buy this dinosaur cookie cutter and I'm glad she did because I love these cookies. Just two icing colors are needed to make this simple design.

Prepare two colors of royal icing - one for the body and one for the details. Both icings should be flood consistency and be fitted with a  #1 pastry tip. I use this smaller tip because of the small face and narrow tail of the cookie.


Outline the dinosaur.
Fill the outline with more royal icing. I use a skewer to ease the icing towards the edge.
While the base icing is still wet, use your other color of royal icing to drop different sized dots along the dinosaur's back and add a small dot for the eye.
That's all there is to it. If you notice, the tails of the dinosaurs are positioned differently. Before baking the cookies, you can gently shape them to get the look you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment