Sunday, April 29, 2012

Macaron Success

My daughter Eleanor with a package of six different flavored macarons: chocolate, coffee, lemon, lavender, strawberry and cherry.

My experiment of splitting a single batch of macarons so I could make different colors worked!

I split one batch four ways to make red, pink, yellow and violet. Then, I split another batch two ways to make coffee and chocolate.

For the fillings, I made a single batch of Swiss meringue vanilla butter cream and split it six ways. To three of the parts, I added a bit of cream cheese and then their flavorings — sour cherry jam, Oregon strawberry jam and finally lemon extract and zest.

English lavender, melted dark chocolate and espresso powder were added to make the final three flavors of fillings.

I've been wanting to make a variety package of macarons for some time now but didn't want to have to make complete batches of each flavor.

I'm excited to try new color and flavor combinations.

Macarons ready to be packaged.
A dozen of colorful macarons packaged and ready to give. Cupcake liners and food safe cellophane bags are the best way I've found to package them.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, Your macarons are beautiful. Do you sell them somewhere in Portland? If not, you should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliment and thank you for checking out the blog. Currently I just make them for fundraisers at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral which support the Wednesday Community Meal and family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please post the date of the next scheduled Trinity Episcopal Cathedral fundraiser on your blog? I would love to have the opportunity to buy some of your macarons and other baked goods to support the Wednesday Community Meal. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely let you know when we have our next bake sale. I do know that we are planning a strawberry shortcake fundraiser in June. We haven't picked an exact date yet but I'll be sure to put it up on the blog when we do.

    Thank you so much for your interest in supporting the Wednesday Community Meal.
    All the best,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete