Saturday, April 28, 2012

Macaron Experiment

Colorful macarons waiting to be baked.
My kitchen is vibrant tonight as I experiment with making four different colors of macarons from a single batch.

I want to make packages filled with a variety of macarons without having to make a full single batch of each kind. Because measuring carefully when making macrons is so important, this is a risky endeavor. I hope they turn out.

I used my scale to divide the almond meal and powdered sugar into four equal portions (a total of 112.5 grams each). For the egg whites, I whipped them to stiff peaks and then divided them into four portions.

Tonight, I made pink for strawberry, violet for lavender, red for cherry and yellow for lemon. I'll make the fillings tomorrow and let you know how they turn out.


No comments:

Post a Comment