The inspiration for these was a new copper plaque cutter that my sister Ursula and my sweet niece Maya gave me just last week and I couldn't wait to use.
The place card cookies were fun to make alongside my sister, Maya and my sister's boyfriend's daughter Syd who decorated some to take to her family's Thanksgiving celebration.
|My new copper plaque cutter - Thank you Ursula and Maya!|
|Syd cutting out the cookies.|
Here are the steps to making them:
- Bake a batch of cookies.
- Outline the cookies with piping consistency royal icing using a #2 tip in the color of your choice. We chose to use an apricot color.
- Fill the cookies with flood consistency royal icing using a #2 tip or #3 tip in the color of your choice. We mixed a tiny bit of the apricot with a lot of white icing to get our color.
- Let the cookies dry for a bit - 20 to 40 minutes. This is so the lettering won't sink into the flood icing.
- Pipe your names with piping consistency royal icing using a #1 tip in the color of your choice. We chose black. A guest list with proper spelling is very helpful. You can't risk forgetting someone.
- Let the cookies dry before packaging.
- Set your table with your cookie place cards and prepare for happy guests.