Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Pigs

Two design variations: A piped heart and a cookie heart.


My daughter Eleanor and my niece Maya asked me to make them Valentine cookies that they could give to their friends at school so I came up with these cute pink pig cookies.

The girls think the pigs are perfect - not mushy,  but fun and lighthearted and appropriate for all of their friends.

I experimented with a few designs and actually like the simplest one best (this is usually the case).

All the pigs need are an eye, bright snout and piped heart. This is a good design for beginning cookie decorators.

Here's how to decorate them:
Outline the pigs using a #1 pastry tip and piping consistency pink icing.

Flood the cookies using a #2 pastry tip and thinned flood consistency icing. Let the cookies dry completely before moving onto the next step.

Using a #1 tip and piping consistency dark purple icing, add the eye and heart. Using a small brush, add a touch of hot pink icing on the snout.


1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of giving pink pig cookie for valentine's day! Super Cute!!

    ReplyDelete