Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hug And Kiss Cookies



You don't need any fancy cookie cutters to make these cute Hug and Kiss cookies for Valentine's Day.

Any small cookie cutter will do. I used a scalloped 1-inch rectangle cutter but a square or round cutter would just as well. 

I used three colors of royal icing to make them:

Medium pink for the base coat.
Red for the "X's" and "O's".
And, hot pink for the dot border.

The medium pink and red icings were flood consistency and the hot pink icing was piping consistency.  Because the cookies are small, I recommend using a #1 pastry tip for all of the icings. The small sized tip gives you better control for decorating a small cookie.

I didn't let the base coat dry before piping the "X's" and "O's" because I wanted the red icing to settle into the pink and be flat on the cookie.

Experiment with other color combinations. The brighter the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment