Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Macarons



I want to share with you these cute Valentine's Day Macarons that I made for Inga Dubay and Barbara Getty's Handwriting Workshop held today at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.

I made them by whipping up a batch of salted caramel mini macarons and then once the macaron shells had baked and cooled, I drew on little hearts using a pink AmeriColor edible ink pen. It was so easy to do and now I can't stop thinking of other designs I want to attempt. I have a feeling green clovers for St. Patrick's day will be up next but I'm getting ahead of myself.  

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here's how I made them:
I made a batch of salted caramel macarons.

After baking, I sorted the shells into pairs and drew a heart on one of them using a pink edible ink pen.

Then I added the salted caramel filling and put the cookies together.

Cookies plated and ready to be served at the handwriting workshop. All of them were enjoyed but the macarons were gobbled up first. I heard one boy tell his mom "the macarons were gone in 5 minutes." Next year I'll remember to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment