Saturday, August 3, 2013

Finishing Details



It's been a busy few days for me, trying to decide on which knobs and pulls to buy for my kitchen cabinets.

After scouring the choices at six stores including Restoration Hardware, Lowe's and Home Depot,  I made a decision. I chose Square Bin Pulls and Tall Mushroom Knobs  in polished chrome from Rejuvenation.

The deciding factors were the finish, style and quality. Polished chrome was an easy finish to find knobs in, but not bin pulls. And, it was important for me to use polished chrome since it's the finish on my faucet and my light fixtures.

The square shape of the bin pull compliments the clean lines of my flat cabinets. The style actually pulls off quite a feat by looking both modern and vintage at the same time. A too modern design wouldn't look right in my house which was build in the 1920's.

The polished chrome is so bright and reflective that you can see me taking the picture.
If things go as planned, my kitchen should look quite different after the weekend. My goal is to install the hardware and add my backplash tile which will cover an entire wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment