Sunday, March 25, 2012

French Macarons

My favorite cookie to make is the French Macaron. It's chic and delicious. Many people have been asking for the recipe, so I thought I should make a video to help. Oh, and here's the recipe:

Macaron Ingredients
180g ground almonds, sifted
270g powdered sugar, sifted
150g egg whites, aged 2 to 4 days in the fridge and then brought to room temperature
100g granulated sugar
pink food coloring (optional)

Strawberry Filling Ingredients

2 egg whites
pinch of cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 heaping tablespoons reduced- sugar strawberry preserves
red coloring (optional)

Additional equipment: stand mixer, four heavy sheet pans, good quality parchment paper, double-boiler and pastry bags

4 comments:

  1. Hey Heidi!

    Since you love Bob's Red Mill, I thought I'd let you know that their ingredients are for sale in bulk at WinCo for very reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the helpful tip.
    And, thank you for watching the video.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heidi,

    Ken had introduced me to your blog.
    I have so much fun watching your videos and learn many baking tips from you too.

    Thanks!

    Damien from Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Damien,
    Thank you for your kind words and checking out the blog. It means a lot to me. Happy Baking!
    Sincerely,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete