Monday, September 17, 2012

Baby Royal Icing Roses

These tiny roses can be saved in an airtight container and used to decorate sugar cookies and cakes.

After decorating my shortbread cookies yesterday I had some leftover royal icing and couldn't resist trying to make some baby roses that I could dry and save for decorating sugar cookies and cakes.

I'm so glad I gave this a shot because it worked well. I was able to utilize my leftover icing and the flowers are pretty and sturdy.

Here's how I made them:

I beat the royal icing until it was very stiff and then tinted it pink for the roses and green for the leaves.

I used the same pastry tip to make the roses and leaves — I used a Wilton #67 leaf tip.

All I did was lay out a piece of parchment paper and start piping.

I made a pink dollop to start the rose and swirled around it a couple of times.

Then I took the green icing and piped a tiny leaf being sure to start close to the base of the rose so that it would adhere.

Be sure to let the roses dry completely before carefully removing and storing in an airtight container.


Just a tiny bit of icing made dozens of roses and as always, I got better with practice.




1 comment:

  1. wow, I looking for that!!!! Thank you for your sharing knowledge!! xoxo from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete