Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine Color Combinations

A Valentine Card: Dusty Rose, Bright Red and Pearl
A High Heel Shoe: Fuchsia, Red and Light Khaki
A Valentine Card: Deep Pink, Red and Cream
A Valentine Card: Seafoam, Ivory and Hot Pink
A Decorative Ribbon: Red, Baby Pink and Deep Green
A Roll Of Baker's Twine: Bright White and Red
Shades Of Pink: Raspberry, Bubblegum, Cotton Candy and Rosewater
I'm in the process of designing Valentine Sugar Cookies and have been searching for color inspiration.

The cookies will be sold at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral on Sunday, Feb. 10 as a benefit for the Wednesday Community Meal and I want them to be beautiful.

My goal is to come up with a pleasing color palette that I can use for three or four designs. Right now I'm leaning towards fuchsia, red, light khaki and cotton candy.

I try to take my time when it comes to choosing my cookie decorating colors because it seems to pay off in the end. Also, having a visual when it comes time to mix colors is so helpful.

Try to enjoy the cookie planning process - take your time, research, be creative and most importantly, have fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment