Saturday, January 26, 2013

Alphabet Cookies

Lower and upper case Getty-Dubay Alphabet Cookies.

This was the second year I've been asked to make cookies for Barbara Getty and Inga Dubay's free handwriting workshop here in Portland. In addition to peanut butter, oatmeal raisin and dark chocolate chip, I wanted to make some cute and appropriate decorated sugar cookies.

After a bit of brainstorming I decided to make Alphabet Cookies, trying my best to mimic the Getty-Dubay style. Making and flooding the small square cookies was a breeze but I must admit the letter piping went slow and steady. I really had to focus since I piped the letters on free-hand.

Well, the concentration paid off because the cookies turned out great. It also helped that I took the writing workshop last year and had the Getty-Dubay Basic Italic guide right next to me while I piped.

For the letters I used piping consistency black icing and a #1 pastry tip. Practice piping on a plate until you get the icing consistency just right.




Thank you Barbara and Inga - you are inspiring teachers and lots of fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment