Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Packaged Halloween Cookies

My Halloween cookies are all packaged and ready to share thanks to some spooky homemade tags and self-sealing clear cellophane bags. I order the cellophane bags in bulk from an online company called Paper Mart and including the shipping, they end up costing less than 3-cents each.

Here's how:

I buy 1000 cellophane bags at a time and they come in a small easy to store box.

Four mini Halloween cookies look cute in one bag.

A two cookie package looks good too. After inserting the cookies into the bag and peeling the protective strip off of the adhesive, fold the bag a few times around the cookies and seal in the back.

The bags come in multiple sizes. I used a larger 6-inch bag for the skeleton cookie.

I love my scalloped paper punch for making tags. One sheet of purple paper got me a dozen tags. The punch costs about $14 but it's a one time purchase and will pay for itself since tags are not cheap to buy. Here's a tip: Use one of those easy to find 40-percent off coupons from Michael's Arts & Crafts to purchase one. I get one of the coupons every Sunday in my Oregonian newspaper. Or, download the Michael's Mobile App onto your cellphone.

Shaky writing adds a nice touch.

My tip is to drink a few cups of coffee and let your hand shake away as you write. In no time you will have lots of spooky tags.  So much fun.

I punched a hole in both the tag and cellophane bag and attached it with a ribbon.

A tiny piece of orange ribbon looks cute too. I look for sales on ribbon at the craft store and buy it ahead of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment