Monday, September 2, 2013

Kickplates And Baseboards

The kickplates match the color and finish of the cabinets.


I finished installing the baseboards and cabinet kickplates today. Now there's just a bit of touch up painting to do and my kitchen will be officially done.

Good thing too since I promised my daughter Eleanor that I would be done before school starts and I'm barely going to make it  - school starts on September 4.

To protect the finish, the Ikea kickplates came wrapped in blue plastic. Installing them really wasn't too hard. Just careful measuring and cutting and then snapping them onto the cabinet legs using provided plastic clips.
I used 8-inch hemlock boards painted with high gloss white for the baseboards.  This is the finished base of my pantry cabinet.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Just gorgeous! Love that the whirly pop is on the stove, along with the tea kettle. You are ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work!

    Online Metals Shop

    ReplyDelete